White Mists Comparison

I love white mist, and I use it on my pages all the time, it's probably my most used mist. In my videos I use the Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst spray-Frozen Jack Frost quite often, and I just wanted to make sure it was the best I had before recommending it wholeheartedly to others.
I compared the 4 white mists I own-
  • Lindy Stamp Gang Frozen Jack Frost
  • Studio Calico White Mr. Huey's
  • Dylusions White Linen
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine White
I want my white mist to be opaque. You can totally make white mist from mixing gesso or white acrylic paint with water till you get the right consistency, and then use a brush to splatter. But a ready made mist is so much faster. Point is, it can easily (and cheaply) be done, but today I'm talking about the come-in-a-bottle mists.
It's very hard to get the closest to reality shot with a camera, so I think if you really want to see how they did, you should check out the video I made-



Here are the results-
My pick for number one is the Lindy Stamp Gang Frozen Jack Frost. It's the most opaque, it comes in a 2 oz. bottle, and it's reasonably priced at 4.95-4.99$. The nozzle is wider than the other ones, making it less likely to clog, and resulting in bigger splatters (which I like, but if you don't, use a brush instead).
The only sort-of problem I found is that at the time of writing this, this mist is unavailable both at Simon Says Stamp, and at Lindy Stamp Gang's website (I ordered mine directly from their site). hopefully they will be restocked soon. Try contacting the people behind Lindy on their site and ask if any more are on their way of you'd like to get your hands on some of this... I have no connection to any company, just one happy scrapbooker.


Second place goes to the Dylusions White Linen spray. I got good results, and the price and size is the same like Lindy's spray. Personally I think the Lindy one is slightly better, also when sprayed and not just splattered. Because of the wider nozzle (I'm assuming), it doesn't clog as often (mine never clogged) as my other white mists.


Third place goes to Studio Calico. I thought the result was not as good as the other two. It costs a dollar more, and the bottle is half(!) the size of the other two. I'm positive I won't be buying it again.  It also took the longest to dry.


Last is the Heidi Swapp Color Shine White. It's not white. It's shimmer, with hardly any pigment. You can do some fun things with it, the look is very shimmery and subtle, but as a white mist, it just doesn't deliver. It's also the most expensive one (though when you calculate per Oz. and not per bottle, Mr. Huey is far more expensive).


Here's an example of what you can do with it-

 
Shimmer? Yes indeed. White? I'm afraid not.

I know there are other mists on the market, I see at Simon Says Stamp one from Hero Arts, and another pearl one from Prima, both cost 7.99$ (the Hero Arts one is 1 Oz. Prima's bottle is 2 Oz.), which means they have to be really really special to beat Lindy's mist. If anyone tried them, please let me know how they did!
I hope this was helpful, please leave a comment if you have any question.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
 

Comments

  1. Sad you didn't like the studio calico white mist as it's my favourite,but it does require a good shake. I also love October Afternoons paper doll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts