May's Focus- Mixed Media & NSD YouTube video hop

I love using mixed media on my scrapbook pages. Here's a page I created using watercolors on the background. I tried something new, and used a stencil and gel medium to create a resist. After it was all dry (don't forget to clean your stencil immediately), I added some more watercolor. The parts covered with gel medium remained the same.
Last Saturday, May 3rd, was National Scrapbooking Day (NSD). I've been making process videos on YouTube for a couple of months now. What really got me motivated, was seeing how much I enjoyed watching process videos, how inspired I felt, and how many new things I learned. For NSD I organized a video hop, and I asked some of my favorite YouTubers to join me. So that day we posted 11 process videos on YouTube, with three guidelines-
1. Try something new.
2. Use some of your favorite products.
3. Make a layout about change of evolution in your life.
I didn't have a lot of free time that Saturday, but I got to watch most of the videos that day, and it was just awesome to see what everyone created.
Here's my page-


This page is heavily influenced and inspired by Wilna Furstenberg, as I adore everything she creates...



So my try something new was the resist using gel medium. I used some of my favorite products at the moment- watercolors and the Studio Calico Lemon Lush 6*6 paper pad, as well as the Dear Lizzy metal dies from the Daydreamer collection.



Here's the video, you can find in the description box below it on YouTube the full list of all the other wonderful scrapbookers who took part in the hop.


Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts