May is Mixed Media Month! A Layout + Process Video

In 2014 I'm trying to focus every month on a specific product. April was a tough month to keep that up, even though I scrapped a lot, but with Easter vacation etc. it somehow came and went and I did not manage to do my product focus. So for May I'm kinda cheating, cause mixed media isn't a product, it's lots and lots of products! But it's the thought that counts, and my ultimate goal is just to scrap a lot and use my stash.
So here's a layout I created, and this was interesting to make and fun, for several reasons. I started with some products from the Scraptastic Daylight kit that I wasn't too crazy about. That kit has some gorgeous colors, like yellow and teal, but it also has some green, that is really not appealing to me. So I grabbed a piece of cardstock, and some green die cuts, and using a LOT of gesso, I created an interesting background, an almost blank canvas, that is ready for any other colors or products I want.
Here's the final page-


I used some Faber Castell Gelatos to create the first layer of color, using a baby wipe to blend the color. (Use a light hand, or you'll remove most of the Gelatos, since there's gesso under it. Or, use a bit more pressure to remove more pigment, and reveal more white.) I then added those stars using a stencil and gel medium, which acts as a resist.
Next came the mists, Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Citron, and Lindy's Stamp Gang in Yellow Rose of Texas, Pineapple Paradise, Hibiscus Rose and Witch's Potion Purple. Added some water to the wet mists to create those drips.


I also added some splatters in all the mist colors and in black.
The papers I used are from the Studio Calico Lemon Lush collection, and the die cuts are BasicGrey Highline collection. I love it when different lines works so well together.


I cut the paper down to about 11.5*11.5 inches, and mounted it on a 12*12 paper from the Studio Calico Printshop collection.
Here's the video-


I'll be back soon with some more layout.
Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts