Scrapbooking with the Scraptastic February Kit-Part 4

 A lovely Monday to you all! Today I'm sharing two more layouts I created with the Scraptastic Feel Again February kit.
Here's the first one-


That hearts paper is one of my favorites this month, and I wanted to use it as a background. I did get the extra patterned papers (when you purchase the kit you can also get some extras, like the flair, wood veneers and patterned paper), so I had two sheets, one I cut up and used for other layouts, which you can see in post from last week).



I used a few of the Fancy Pants die cuts to embellish, along with wood veneer hearts and those great foam hearts that came with the Add On letter stickers, by Crate paper from the Love Notes collection. Those Thickers are really great, I wish I had another pack. They come in two colors, hot pink and a buttery yellow, in the same font, and with those hearts. Lovely.
The photo is of my husband and me in Firenze, a.k.a Florence. I remember the long years in medicine school according to the places I traveled in between them. I have a passion for traveling, and try to travel whenever possible. I sometimes joke that I live from one trip to the next. While it might not be completely true now that we're a bit settled down, and have a child, it was completely true during my 20's. Anyway, we drove around Tuscany in the summer of 2006, and also visited Florence. Nobody can deny that city has some wonderful architecture, art etc., but while we were there, it was pouring rain most of the time, and still jam packed with tourists. I know we are also tourists, but we try to avoid super touristy places when possible. We both hate standing in lines, being surrounded by crowds everywhere we go, being overcharged for everything because it's a tourist trap, well, you get the pic. We were students on a budget at the time, so we stayed in our tent at a camping ground just a short bus drive away from the town center. When we came back from our day of sightseeing, our tent was in the middle of a huge puddle of mud. My brave husband relocated it in the pouring rain to a less muddy spot, and we settled for the night with a good book. The rest of our Tuscany trip was much sunnier, and it was just lovely. Italy has what is for me the perfect combination of culture, language, food, art, architecture and beautiful nature. And the ice cream, oh, the ice cream...   


And now to something completely different, layout no. 2 for today-


I used cardstock as my background here, (that pink is lovely!) and the rest of the page was super simple. I really liked the combination of the blue in the photo and the pink. I think the photo really pops. My husband took the photo last summer while we were on vacation in Israel. We rented a house with a pool for 5 days with some friends and their kids. Well, we didn't leave the house for those 5 days, only sent some good men to bring us food:) The kids were all around 3-5 years old, and they just had a blast playing in the pool and in the garden. It was just the perfect vacation.
On Wednesday I'll be showing another 2 layouts I made using the new Dear Lizzy Daydreamer 6*6 paper pad.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. These are both really fun! I love your style and the photo on that 2nd one is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ange. Both very pretty! I especially love the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that heart background. Has a watercolor look to it which i'm obsessed with right now! Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages! I love that heart background paper on the first layout. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bright layouts! I love my scraptastic kits too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts