Scrapbooking with the Scraptastic January Kit- Part 5 (and last)

Today I'll be sharing 4 more layouts I created using the Tongue Tied kit, and that will enable me to move on to February's kit.
I think that using cardstock as background allows me to play more than I normally would with patterned paper. Here's the first layout for today-


I used a stencil and Dylusions ink sprays in funky fuchsia and cherry red to create the background.


But after everything was laid out I still thought it needed a little something so I doodled a bit with a white gel pen. I really like how the white looks on that hot pink cardstock.


The papers are from the kit, but the embellishments are from my stash, I did not have a lot left from the kit after making already many pages with it. Couldn't have a page without bows it seems. These ones are from Maggie Holmes for Crate paper. The puffy stickers are American Crafts. I think I've never tried this design with the two photos on different sides of the page, but I do like it, especially when using one landscape and one portrait picture, since they don't look that great side by side.

Next layout- the messy layout. 



I've already used this patterned paper on another layout, so when I used the second sheet I felt braver:) I used some gesso to messily (is that a word?) paint a square shape in the center of the page.


I basically used the leftover embellishments I had for this page. The photos were cut down a little bit, so that I'd be able to use papers from the 6*6 Printshop collection paper pad as photo mats.


And yes, that would be another bow.

The next layout is completely different, and only the background paper is from the kit.
I call it- The odd-ball layout-


That watercolor-like beautiful patterned paper came with the kit, and I really loved it, and really wanted to use it, but could not make it work with the other products in the kit. I saw other people use it with the kit, but it just did not work for me for some reason. So I took it to a completely new direction. I had a photo that I had wanted to scrap for a long time, of my daughter's first room. Preparing her first room, and she being our only daughter, so everything, and I mean here the experience, was brand new.  We've moved twice since then, so it's really something I wanted to write about, since she won't be able to see that room any other way.



I used some puffy stickers I had in my stash, and chipboard elements from one of my all time favorite collections, Dear Lizzy 5th&Frolic.


the glitter feathers were created by simply applying Martha Stewart glitter glue to some Prima wood veneers feathers and then adding lots of hearts and stars shaped glitter, also from Martha Stewart.


The last layout for today, and for the January Scraptastic kit is the all about the story one-


The photo is not really important here, I just took it and used it to remind me of those few hours. Last April I spend a weekend in London (my favorite city) with my best friend. Now that I live in Austria and she in Israel we don't get to meet for coffee as much as we'd like, but we try to make the most of the situation and spend some real quality time with each other when possible.
We share a passion for traveling, for London, for drinking coffee, and for having LONG conversations about, well, everything and anything.


I'll be starting to post some of my February kit layouts soon.

Thanks for visiting!






Comments

  1. Lovely layouts. I especially love the puffy alpha stickers and the glittered wood veneer feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these layouts but the one of the nursery is beautiful. I love how soft the colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts - I love the dreamlike quality of the third one best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful and artistic-love them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts