Qor Watercolor Color My Page Challenge

Hi! I have something a little different for you today, which I'm hoping will eventually become as common as my scrappy adventures, because I have to admit- I am obsessed with watercolors. This medium is the most beautiful, fun, unexpected and just glorious. I can't get enough of it.
I decided to take Mandy van Goeije's challenge and create something using just 3 colors from the Qor high chroma set- (Link to this set on Amazon.com) Quinacridone Magenta, Transparent Pyrrole Orange and Cobalt Teal. These are favorites anyway, so I thought this would be a lovely challenge to take!


Love the Qor High Chroma Set!

Here's the palette I'm using and the link to it on Amazon.com-


This is the color chart I created with the colors of this challenge. You can see all the lovely shades one can mix from these 3. And because they are so lovely and bright, it's really hard to get a muddy color. The top 3 rows are mixtures of 2 colors. The fourth row shows mixtures of all three with lots of water. The fifth and sixth rows show mixtures of the colors in their stronger saturation.


I used a 1/2" angular shader brush by Princeton and a Princeton Neptune #8 round. I do a lot of painting and sketching in watercolor on this paper from Ken Bromley in the UK. After I finished painting I added details with a pencil and a white Uni Ball Signo Broad pen.


Here's the video-


And some close ups of these lovely layers-





 Thanks for visiting!


Comments

Popular Posts