October Hip Kit Club Kits+Process Video

Hi! Here's another layout I created using the October Hip Kits. I love all of Maggie Holmes's collection, and Open Book is no exception.


The main kit this month contained the ephemera die cut package which is packed. And although I really like all the images, some are harder for me to use. In this case, the more vintage floral ones, and the occasional wild animal... So I used those die cuts to create texture and interest on my background. I applied gesso on top, but very lightly, so the images still show, but toned down. Then I added some gelatos, and of course, some stars using a stencil and texture paste. Here are some close ups-


I like cork embellishment, but the thing is, I like the texture cork has, but not really the color. So here I used some white mist, and then gelatos to customize it. I added some glossy accents on top to give it a finished look. It also prevents the gelatos from rubbing off. I also wanted to use some left over metallic accents from the September kit, but I only had the silver ones left, and they didn't really go with my color scheme. So I used some distress paint, which also works on metal to color them. Love how they turned out!



I can't stop using that star stencil!
Here's the video-


Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts