February 5, 2014

Scrapbooking with Scraptastic Tongue Tied Kit-Part 3

I've already posted 4 layouts I created with the January kit, where the patterned paper was really the star. Still with that in mind, I created this page-


Yes, I have a thing for those script papers from Studio Calico Printshop collection. The white on hot pink version is also a favorite of mine. Here I didn't want to use it as a 12*12, but still wanted it to show. This is a good page to make using a kit, because you don't need a lot to make it, but thanks to that patterned paper it still looks rich and interesting. The light blue star paper is from the 6*6 pad of the Printshop collection, the rest is from the kit. Super simple, super fast.





The next page is also simple, and to make it I used leftovers from the other pages. There are only 3 pieces of patterned paper here (plus the photo mat) and the hot pink cardstock.



The Scraptastic main kit come with 6 sheets of cardstock in 3 colors. I ordered a couple more of each color, in order to have more flexibility. Cardstock is cheaper than patterned paper, and I love using it as a frame, like here, as a mat for the photos, or on my layouts, just like patterned paper. I used it here also for my journaling spot, since the patterned papers all had white on them, and I didn't want to bring in a dark color, like brown or black for the journaling.
Lately I really love adding little details like those dash lines. I find it makes the whole layout look more detailed and interesting, plus, it's fun:) Everything on this layout besides the resin bows (cute! Those are Amy Tan from the Cut&Paste collection) is from the Tongue Tied kit and add-on.


So I hope I managed to share a little bit more on how I use my kits, and to show layouts can be fun also when using few papers. More layouts to come...
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Bernii Miller said...

Your layouts are super cute and you did so ell to stretch out that kit :)

Tegan said...

Awesome layouts! Love the clean lines and the bold colors on these - so cool!