July 12, 2013

Vienna With Some Watercolors

I made this page, about a place I love, in a city I love. Vienna has a special corner in my heart. Because my husband and I were both students when we met, we had to finish our studies before one of us could move. We had a long distance relationship for two long years. I was living near Tel Aviv, and he was in Vienna. Every time I came to visit we would explore the city together. And somehow we would always end up having coffee in the MQ.
I used again watercolor paper and masking fluid (if you want to know more about masking fluid, check out this previous post). I splattered some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold and Teal, and let everything dry.



I used for the first time the Amy Tangerine Embroidery stencil from Yes Please. It's so easy to use, and adds a lot to the page.


 I embellished a bit with some gold and teal washi tape, some wood veneers, puffy stickers (also from Amy Tangerine) and stamped flowers that I also colored with watercolors and cut out.




Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Valerie Andrieux said...

Great use of watercolors ! Love the stitching...

Nichole Parker said...

Really love the texture contrast between the smooth flowing watercolors and the stitching. Great color matching as well!

lil gik said...

beautiful layout, the stitching is a great finishing touch!

emily said...

so beautiful! I don't know why I never thought to use my watercolors and masking fluid on a layout background! Thanks for the inspiration!

Madeline said...

Amazing effect! Love it!

Tara Elias said...

Oh my gorgeous.

Fleursbydesign said...

So pretty, love the watercolor and stitching :)

Cindy England said...

Gorgeous! You really have a flair with watercolours. There's a nice balance in this page and lovely embellishing.