SCRAPBOOKING WITH THE NEAPOLITAN COLLECTION

So who doesn't have pieces from this older Dear Lizzy collection in their stash? It was a beautiful collection, full of soft and feminine colors. I, for one, bought quite a few items. So for a while now they've been sitting deep in my pp stash, covered by all the other great paper from two newer Dear Lizzy collections, and many others. There's no lack of things to love and buy in this hobby, that's for sure! But I really wanted to use them. I still really love them, and I wanted to finally put those papers in my album. So I picked a few that I liked to leave whole, and cut everything else to smaller pieces.
Here's the finished layout:


That paper with the polaroid frames is the cutest thing, and although I've seen some scrapbookers use it whole as a 12*12 sheet to make really beautiful pages, I love to cut it to smaller pieces.
Everything else on the page was bits and pieces I had left over.
Those cute resin stars are actually Freckled fawn from Studio Calico's May kit. I wasn't planning on using them, but they were sitting on my desk, and when I put the page together they seemed to match perfectly. I read this funny thread over at the SC message board. Apparently you're supposed to glue them the other way around, but I thought the other side was a bit boring, and I love the texture from the rougher side (which is made that way to adhere better to the paper, oh, well).



I took this funny angled photo to capture the effect I got from using a Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star. I love that pen, it's creates the most subtle shimmery effect, that looks gorgeous in real life (as in, not through the camera lens). I really should get more of those pens... Anyway, I lined with it pretty much everything on the page, and it looks really pretty.



Comments

  1. Your layout is lovely - and I'm sure it felt great to use your "vintage" supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! And yes, using some things that might have been overlooked in favor of shinier and newer pieces, def feels good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts