Hello SC February kit

It seems like the kit took forever to get here this month! Though that might have to do with the fact that I was especially curious and excited to get it:) The kit features some great stuff, the most talked about at the moment is the Dear Lizzy Collection from American Craft. What can I say... It's really pretty. Right there on the edge of being almost to pastel or floral (for me anyway), but still really pretty and cute. I especially like the light taupe colors. My biggest problem is this page-



Why oh why did they have to put these two great patterns together?? The obvious solution is to buy double the amount (no problem there), but it's still hard to choose... Oh well, just a peek into the hard life of a scrapbooker...

OK, so now to my layout. I used of course the SC February kit. Besides the main kit I got the Stepping Stone add-on and the add-on pp. yum.


I took a strip from the MME paper that came in the Add-on pp, and matted my photos on it. The larger photo was matted on the A-side of the same paper. I used the trim by Pink Paislee from the main kit as a border around that strip. And of course I misted everything around me with the SC Mr. Huey's white (on the trim I also used a bit Cameo and Clay) and October Afternoon spray in Buttermilk. The journaling cards are just cut outs from the Dear Lizzy pp. I used the Notebook Fiskars punch for the pink paper and used the super great alpha stamp set from Stepping Stone to create my title. The outlines were stamped with Latte ink by Hero Arts and the "filling" with  Hero Arts Shadow inks in Soft Lilac and Soft Blosson.








The flowers were cut from the same pp I used before, with this Hero Arts set. The buttons that match so nicely are from the Basic Grey Little Black Dress collection.
The clouds were punched out with these Fiskars punches ( I use them very often). I also used the epoxy stickers that came with the main kit, and the "&" is from the Thickers. To give the page a frame I used a white jel pen to draw a simple line around it.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts